Re: The Wider Web

From: Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2011 16:00:22 +0100
Cc: Bryan Sullivan <blsaws@gmail.com>, W3C Device APIs and Policy WG <public-device-apis@w3.org>
To: Rich Tibbett <richt@opera.com>
On Feb 9, 2011, at 15:50 , Rich Tibbett wrote:
> You are right. I apologize if that was considered in any way pejorative.

Cool, thanks, let's move on!

> The process of consensus is a little frustrating when two camps are pulling in opposite directions - unable or unwilling to budge. We have more time to work on consensus but I hope we're not going to end up placating everybody and producing quasi successful recommendations. Instead it would be nice to produce recommendations that are implementable and implemented, ubiquitous, open supplements that benefit all, at the expense of none, to the general web.

I very much agree. We're not going to make much progress if people don't listen better, if they assume anything other than good faith from other participants, and if they're not prepared to budge on this or that. I think we can make it though :)

--
Robin Berjon - http://berjon.com/