Re: The Wider Web

From: Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2011 15:16:09 +0100
Cc: Bryan Sullivan <blsaws@gmail.com>, W3C Device APIs and Policy WG <public-device-apis@w3.org>
To: Rich Tibbett <richt@opera.com>
On Feb 9, 2011, at 15:03 , Rich Tibbett wrote:
> Robin Berjon wrote:
>> On Feb 9, 2011, at 12:33 , Rich Tibbett wrote:
>>> Your long diatribes and eulogizing
>>
>> I understand that the process of reaching consensus can be frustrating at times, but can we please all assume good faith and stick to the fact? Thanks.
>
> I believe diatribe was the correct Oxford-English description of the previous email contents. That was not intended to be offensive but delivered as a statement of fact. However, I shall refrain from using such descriptions if they continue to be misunderstood.

It is not misunderstood, I know what diatribe means. And the point is not whether it is correct or not  I'm not interested in seeking consensus on the precise characterisation for each message in this group. The point is that it is pejorative. That's what's unnecessary, both if initiated or in response.

--
Robin Berjon - http://berjon.com/