Re: Rechartering Device APIs & Policy Working Group

From: Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2011 13:59:13 +0100
Cc: <dom@w3.org>, <public-device-apis@w3.org>
To: <cecile.marc@orange-ftgroup.com> <cecile.marc@orange-ftgroup.com>
Hi CÚcile,

On Feb 8, 2011, at 12:12 , <cecile.marc@orange-ftgroup.com> <cecile.marc@orange-ftgroup.com> wrote:
> The fact that policy framework is independent of the APIs sounds ok for me.

+1

> APIs: I am also interested in the "GalleryAPI" features even if I today am not really sure that it cannot be done thanks to another API (File or Capture), I think it can be useful.

What would be useful in this area is a discussion of the existing proposals or a new proposal (not fleshed out, just the basics) so that the group could decide where to go with this.

> I also find interesting the APIs for vibration and beeps (use case Combined with "calendar" it could give the ability to make some alerts linked to the web application context)

I would tend to think that Calendar would use Web Notifications (which are more user-friendly than doing it directly). I do think that there are use cases for vibrating (gaming for instance) however.

--
Robin Berjon - http://berjon.com/