Gallery API (was: Rechartering Device APIs & Policy Working Group)

From: Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2011 12:41:24 +0100
Cc: Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>, public-device-apis <public-device-apis@w3.org>
To: Bryan Sullivan <blsaws@gmail.com>
Hi,

On Feb 2, 2011, at 17:04 , Bryan Sullivan wrote:
> - Gallery API [should stay in scope]

I am hearing conflicting signals about this one  we certainly need to settle it before we recharter. What I'd like to get a better feel for is how much metadata filtering is actually required for most use cases. If it's minimal, I would suggest that a hint in the same way as was done for HTML Media Capture would be a nice way to go. Otherwise, something modelled on Contacts. Either way, I don't think that we should recharter before we know which scope this API is intended to have.

--
Robin Berjon - http://berjon.com/