Re: Minimization

Hi Dan,

Le jeudi 03 février 2011 à 12:04 +0100, Appelquist, Daniel, VF-Group a
écrit :
> Regarding privacy (always a popular subject): The current DAP privacy
> requirements editor's draft (http://dev.w3.org/2009/dap/privacy-reqs/)
> has a good break-down of privacy issues. Specifically in the area of
> Minimization, what has the feedback been from implementers?

We haven't had much implementers feedback on our APIs in general, and so
not much on minimization itself either.

That said, minimization was first applied to the Contacts API, and was
done in line with feedback from what the experimental Mozilla
implementation did:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Jun/0005.html

I've also offered a strategy to bring minimization to the geolocation
API, but it was deemed too late in the process to change the meaning of
the param that would have been used to that end:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-geolocation/2010Mar/0014.html
There were also concerns about the implementabilty of minimization in
that particular case.

HTH,

Dom