RE: no longer possible to detect battery presence? RE: Battery API in Last Call

From: Carr, Wayne <wayne.carr@intel.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2011 00:10:21 +0000
To: "olli@pettay.fi" <olli@pettay.fi>
CC: Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>, "public-device-apis@w3.org" <public-device-apis@w3.org>, "public-device-status@w3.org" <public-device-status@w3.org>
You can tell now whether there is a battery or not except when the battery is full.  So there is just a window when you don't know - when apps are told they are charging when they actually are discharging.  So I don't think it has anything to do with privacy.

If you have a full battery and disconnect your power source,  the spec says to report that the battery is charging --  even though it really is discharging.