Contacts API -- callers

From: Andreas Gal <gal@mozilla.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 19:36:01 -0700
To: public-device-apis@w3.org

4.2 Contacts interface

interface Contacts {
    caller void find (DOMString[] fields, ContactFindCB successCB, optional ContactErrorCB errorCB, optional ContactFindOptions options);

To quote from WebIDL, http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/WebIDL/Overview.html#idl-callers

Specifications SHOULD NOT use callers unless required to specify the behavior of legacy APIs. (emphasis theirs, not mine)

Callable objects step outside the semantics of ECMAScript and can't be self-hosted.

I would much prefer if we drop the caller annotation here. Any objections?