Calendar API: navigator ?

From: João Eiras <joao.eiras@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 14:18:13 +0100
To: public-device-apis@w3.org
Hi.

Just became aware of the calendar API

http://www.w3.org/TR/calendar-api/

I have one serious question: why placing the API inside the navigator object ?

That seems like unneeded indirection and overloading of navigator.
Navigator is an object with completely different semantics which just
contains info about the user agent and webpage environment (name,
version, supported plugins and mime-types).

I would suggest making calendar global, like window.calendar and that
way to remove a dependency.

Thank you.