Proposed draft charter addition - feature permissions

From: <Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 22:26:52 +0000
To: <public-device-apis@w3.org>
CC: <Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com>
Related to  language in the draft charter for feature and privacy mechanisms, we currently have:

An API that allows web applications to register themselves as handlers/providers based on data string identifiers and an API that enables other web applications to discover these handlers/providers and gain permission to interact with them.

Privacy Mechanism for Device APIs

I suggest we add to the charter the following deliverable:

"Define feature permission identifiers and an interface for requesting user permission to use a feature."

This is based on work currently in process, based on

http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/WebNotifications/publish/FeaturePermissions.html

http://dev.w3.org/2009/dap/api-perms/

http://dev.w3.org/2009/dap/docs/feat-perms/feat-perms.html

regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch
Nokia

For Tracker, this should close ACTION-344