Network Connection API draft (update)

Hi all,

Attached a minor update to the Network API draft, based on the
discussions so far.

Change Log:

-          Change const NONE to '20' for future proofing reasons

-          Added support for 'roaming'. As opposed to having an
attribute "roaming" (which can be tricky in some situation where the
operators are present in multiple regions and the accuracy of this
information from the device) I have introduced the two attributes
"homeNW" and "currentNW" which can be used to derive whether the device
is in roaming or not e.g. if homeNW != currentNW it can be inferred as
roaming.

The only change that is pending is the "network change" event. In the
last call we discussed about the possibility to use online for
indicating network change. Reading the use of online event I don't think
it is appropriate and would prefer to create our own event. Rationale:
The semantics of online event is different from a network change (online
is only used to indicate whether the user is connected to the network
and is "online" i.e. has internet access).

However, I think we should adopt the same approach used with online
event when it comes to the model i.e. define a 'networkchange' event
handler IDL attribute on the Window object fire a simple event (
http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/webappapis.html#fire-a-simple-event) on the
Window object, it is a light weight approach and does not require the
overhead of defining a new NetworkChangeEvent interface and the model
(bubbling, etc.) that comes with it.

If this works I can go ahead and incorporate it.

Regards,

Suresh

PS: I will be travelling next week, and unsure if I will be able to join
the call but please feel free to discuss this update.