Re: Updated draft charter

Le vendredi 08 avril 2011 à 11:28 +0200, Rich Tibbett a écrit :
> > I would say:
> > * The possibility for web applications to register themselves as handlers/providers for certain data types
>
> If we took a strict definition of 'data type' isn't this already covered
> in [1]?
>
> > * The possibility for web applications to request access to a handler/provider of a certain data type
>
> Again, 'data type' seems to be the wrong terminology. It's really best
> labeled as an intent IMO.

I agree data type might be confusing, but "intent" seems to be too
ill-defined for use in a charter, I would think. Input on a phrasing
that is both clear enough and short enough would be most welcome.

> On another note, I see some potential here for a Discovery API (as added
> to the charter already) to report service intents supported by other
> local devices. Then to be able to register those intents in the api
> proposal above. Then to allow a web page to request access to those
> services, then establish the full-duplex communication channel provided
> by Web Send to those devices and communicate according to a specific
> Service-based API. Effectively, we should aim to make discovery,
> registration and invocation in to a web tool-chain where one can feed
> and reuse the other.

Agreed; but does that need any addition to the charter? Or are we fine
with the current list of deliverables?

Dom