Re: Updated draft charter

From: Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2011 09:57:54 +0200
To: Dave Raggett <dsr@w3.org>, Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com>
Cc: public-device-apis@w3.org
Le mercredi 06 avril 2011 à 17:38 +0100, Dave Raggett a écrit :
> > Could you provide specific text that I could integrate in the charter?
>
> From the charter it seems you only want a single sentence, so how about:
>
>   An API to discover devices and services on the same device, on the
> local network, or directly connected, e.g. by USB and Bluetooth.
>
> Is that sufficient?

Looks good to me, thanks! Art, I hope this better describes what we have
in mind, but let us know if you think further clarification would be
useful.

> Do we also want to include a bullet point on an API for advertising
> services exposed by web applications?  For example, you could have a
> gaming app implemented as HTML5 that allows gamers to find each other
> for an online game without the need for a server.

I think that's close to what Web Intent/Web Introducer is meant to
provide, but hopefully this will get clearer once I get specific input
from Claes on this. That said, in general, I would rather err towards
getting less APIs than more at this stage.

> p.s. A working (open source) demo available will be ready in the next
> few days.

Looking forward to it :)