Updated Messaging API draft

From: Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2011 16:06:46 +0200
To: public-device-apis@w3.org
Hi,

Since Maria indicated she can't edit the messaging API any longer [1], I
took a stab at editing it in line with the proposal I made earlier [2].

The resulting spec is now live at:
http://dev.w3.org/2009/dap/messaging/

I must say that a major weakness of that new approach is that it doesn't
allow for feature detection per protocol, i.e. one can't say whether the
implementation supports sending sms, mms, emails (or
protocolofthefuture).

Another potential issue is that the API is by definition limited to what
the URI scheme make possible, so it wouldn't be possible to set
additional headers (but then again, maybe that's a feature
security-wise).

Dom

1.
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011Apr/0015.html