See also: IRC log
<trackbot> Date: 22 September 2010
<darobin> Scribe: Maria_Oteo
<darobin> ScribeNick: maoteo
<fjh> next F2F WG questionnaire and TPAC registration and information
<fjh> WG questionnaire (for all), http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/43696/tpac2010dap/
<fjh> TPAC registration (for in-person attendees) http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35125/TPAC2010reg/
No further announcements
<fjh> Approve 15 September minutes
<fjh> proposed RESOLUTION: Minutes from 15 Sept 2010 approved
<dom> (there are quite a few people that have said they would attend TPAC in the DAP questionnaire but haven't registered in the official TPAC registration)
RESOLUTION: Minutes from 15 Sept 2010 approved
<fjh> Draft revised, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Sep/0096.html
fjh: what are the next steps?
<fjh> need to relate to widget features
dom: need to clarify the relationship with the widget specs
... close to a FPWD
... we should go for a call for consensus unless anybody has specific concerns
fjh: suggest going for the call for consensus
... 1 or 2 week CfC?
dom: 1 week is what we use to do
<fjh> shortname api-perms
PROPOSED RESOLUTION: Send Call for Consensus for the Device Permissions FPWD
RESOLUTION: Send Call for Consensus (1 week) for the Device Permissions FPWD having shortname api-perms
<fjh> suggest adding, with shortname api-perms
<fjh> ACTION: fjh to send CfC for Device Permissions [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/09/22-dap-minutes.html#action01]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-272 - Send CfC for Device Permissions [on Frederick Hirsch - due 2010-09-29].
<trackbot> ACTION-210 -- Alissa Cooper to summarize and add issues to ruleset doc -- due 2010-07-21 -- OPEN
<fjh> ACTION: fjh to contact Alissa offline re ACTION-210 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/09/22-dap-minutes.html#action02]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-273 - Contact Alissa offline re ACTION-210 [on Frederick Hirsch - due 2010-09-29].
<darobin> http://www.w3.org/mid/AANLkTinBThDFTvVpe9-quvZpb2pCOwLkz31mO1o=Lfirstname.lastname@example.org -> Rich's message
richt: We have been working in HTML integration
<fjh> draft "HTML Contact Sharing" -> http://dev.w3.org/2009/dap/contacts/HTML.html
richt: the idea is having both HTML access and programmatic access with the same security
darobin: what is the biggest advantage of this approach?
richt: one left click for the user, very intuitive
... single click for accessing the data
darobin: any details about implementation?
richt: it is still very early
<dom> (looks pretty good to me at a glance; the big flag is regarding <device>)
<trackbot> ACTION-223 -- Robin Berjon to pick up the thread on <device> -- due 2010-07-22 -- OPEN
darobin: PeningOp, not all the specs use PendingOp. When should a spec use PendingOp?
richt: Contact is more aligned with Geolocation than with XHR
sorry, I've been dropped from the call
trying to rejoin
<darobin> RB: I'm a bit confused as to when it's useful and not
<darobin> ilkka: I would like to know too
<darobin> ... especially given dependencies on OS
<darobin> ... it should be easy to build APIs, this might be an issue
<dom> (asking the HTML WG sounds like a reasonable next step)
<darobin> ACTION: Robin to ask HTML WG about task queues [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/09/22-dap-minutes.html#action03]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-274 - Ask HTML WG about task queues [on Robin Berjon - due 2010-09-29].
darobin: Depending on the feedback from HTML WG we should take a decision about PendingOp
<darobin> ACTION: Rich to review the delta between Contacts API and Mozilla's implementation http://www.w3.org/mid/1E15AA20-0551-49AB-B07D-19A0784E0316@mozilla.com [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/09/22-dap-minutes.html#action04]
<trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - Rich
richt: mozilla implementation has changed, it would be interesting to assess the delta between the contacts api and mozilla implementation
<darobin> ACTION: Richard to review the delta between Contacts API and Mozilla's implementation http://www.w3.org/mid/1E15AA20-0551-49AB-B07D-19A0784E0316@mozilla.com [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/09/22-dap-minutes.html#action05]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-275 - Review the delta between Contacts API and Mozilla's implementation http://www.w3.org/mid/1E15AA20-0551-49AB-B07D-19A0784E0316@mozilla.com [on Richard Tibbett - due 2010-09-29].
darobin: API is ready for publication
... we can go ahead with the publication
ilkka: correct, the only open issue is what is the expected behaviour of cancel
<Zakim> dom, you wanted to propose updating html-capture at the same time
<dom> (it should probably be flagged as an issue in the doc itself, if it isn't yet)
dom: we may also publish at the same time an update of the other capture document
<darobin> PROPOSED RESOLUTION: publish both Media Capture API and HTML Media Capture
dom: especially because of the dependencies between both documents
<darobin> RESOLUTION: publish both Media Capture API and HTML Media Capture
<darobin> ACTION: Robin to handle the Media* drafts publications [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/09/22-dap-minutes.html#action06]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-276 - Handle the Media* drafts publications [on Robin Berjon - due 2010-09-29].
darobin: no recent activity on this API
darobin: I have started a review of the API, detected a couple of bugs
... but nothing that we should discuss today
<dom> (there is a new workshop announced)
<darobin> Other workshop on privacy
darobin: there is a privacy workshop confirmed (will take place in Boston)
... who is coordinating?
fjh: Thomas is one of the workshop organizers