Re: The Media Capture API FPWD

From: Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 15:00:18 +0200
To: Ilkka Oksanen <Ilkka.Oksanen@nokia.com>
Cc: ext Bryan Sullivan <blsaws@gmail.com>, W3C DAP <public-device-apis@w3.org>
Le mardi 21 septembre 2010 à 15:44 +0300, Ilkka Oksanen a écrit :
> > What is expected to happen when the pending operation is cancelled?
> > Is the camera application automatically exited and the user returned
> > to the browser/widget application? What happens to the media the user
> > may have already captured?
>
> There is indeed need for clarification. It's now explicitly said that
> the native application is automatically closed, the incomplete set of
> files that the user might have captured is destroyed and no callbacks
> are invoked.

That doesn't seem like a proper outcome — dismissing user’s data
shouldn’t be something we encourage in general. Imagine that the user
has been spending a lot of time to get the perfect picture, only to get
it randomly trashed by the original invokator.

I think once the external app is up and running, canceling a pending
operation should have no direct effect on the external app. It might be
OK to cancel the invokation of the callbacks.