Re: Gallery API use cases?

Hi,

On 14.10.2010, at 5.29, ext ÀÌ¿ø¼® wrote:

> I agree it's better way to make the precise gallery API in terms of scope and role.
> I will try to make the first draft for the requirement in proposed style before the next call. Even I am not sure I can participate in the next call because of the business trip.

Thanks, I was thinking we, as a WG, should perhaps gather a set of use cases first (without implementation details) from which we then derive the functional requirements. We could do that lean and mean on this mailing list, without any process or such.

[I'm not a big fan of make-work, but sometimes starting with use cases may bear fruit, and I have a gut feeling Gallery could benefit from that step.]

Let me start with a one use case (may not be the greatest, but nevertheless it's mine and came to my mind first):

1) While uploading a photo to a web site, I'd like the  photos that are relevant in that context to be represented to me to select from. E.g. if I'm uploading a photo to a travel blog about Paris I'm probably only interested in photos from that area, thus I'd like those to be shown to me very prominently (I should still be able to select photos from other areas, if I want to).

What should you be able to do with the Gallery API? Anyone who has ideas, feel free to chime in.