PhoneGap's W3C Contacts API implementation

From: Anssi Kostiainen <anssi.kostiainen@nokia.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 11:02:53 +0300
Cc: simon.macdonald@gmail.com
To: "public-device-apis@w3.org WG" <public-device-apis@w3.org>
Hi,

PhoneGap has an Android implementation of the Contacts API and Contacts Writer API that follows Editor's Drafts very closely (Simon, feel free to correct me). API docs have good implementation feedback in them, especially in the quirks sections:

  http://docs.phonegap.com/phonegap_contacts_contacts.md.html

Also the unit tests have been updated. This should be very helpful once we start to be concerned about writing tests (as discussed earlier, I'd be very happy to see the QUnit-based mobile-spec become the official DAP test suite):

  http://github.com/phonegap/mobile-spec/blob/master/tests/contacts.tests.js

Big hand to PhoneGap guys, especially to Simon MacDonald who has done the heavy lifting re Contacts implementation, tests and docs.

I bootstrapped a page in the DAP wiki for implementation status tracking (inspired by WebApps):

  http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/wiki/ImplementationStatus