Re: Updates to FileAPI

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 11:53:40 -0500
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
CC: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>, Arun Ranganathan <aranganathan@mozilla.com>, Eric Uhrhane <ericu@google.com>, Web Applications Working Group WG <public-webapps@w3.org>, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>, public-device-apis <public-device-apis@w3.org>, Jian Li <jianli@chromium.org>
On 11/12/10 11:48 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> Plus if you're going to do any actual work with it - there's no sense
> parsing a date string just so you check if the file was modified more
> than a week ago, when you could do it directly with a Date.

OK, then we need to define rules for instantiating a Date object here
(in the face of strings that may or may not be valid date format
strings, or may be ambiguous, note).  Is the proposal to just call new
Date(str)?

-Boris