Re: Introduction, and Mozilla Contacts

Hi Mike,

Thanks for joining the DAP mailing list. The Mozilla Contacts implementation
is top-notch and I welcome any and all feedback.

I'm currently away on holiday - I should probably be sitting on a beach
right now - but I'm back next week and will be tightening up the document
from there.

I'd particularly like to start some discussion around two points on which
you've touched in your project:

- the set of Contact properties to use (because we when we start to account
for different devices and their contact capabilities, the views within the
group vary from a small subset to a full Portable Contacts set). I
understand you work with Portable Contacts atributes in the Mozilla
implementation.

- whether we could/should provide some hooks in to contacts autocomplete -
potentially cross referencing HTML 'email' and 'tel' input attributes or
whether this should remain an implementation consideration (as it is
currently omitted from the spec).

On a final point, I did a quick comparison of the DAP Contacts API to
Mozilla Contacts v0.1 a while ago. Please feel free to supplement, clarify
and/or contradict that via the DAP wiki here:
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/wiki/ContactsMozDapComparison.

Thanks, Speak to you next week,

- Richard