W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-device-apis@w3.org > May 2010

Agenda - Distributed Meeting 2010-05-05 (corrected email subject)

From: Frederick Hirsch <frederick.hirsch@nokia.com>
Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 15:45:26 -0400
Message-Id: <0DA1213A-05C5-4499-99C3-E42E6D439446@nokia.com>
To: W3C Device APIs and Policy WG <public-device-apis@w3.org>
Cc: Frederick Hirsch <frederick.hirsch@nokia.com>
Agenda  Device APIs and Policy Working Group  Distributed Meeting     
#26  2010-05-05

Meeting details at the bottom of this email.

1) Welcome, agenda review, scribe selection
   Note any additions or changes to agenda
   Select scribe: <http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/victims-list.html>

2) Announcements, meeting planning, logistics

Call for Exclusions, System Info API

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-device-apis/2010May/0000.html

3) Minutes approval

   28 April 2010

<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Apr/att-0117/minutes-2010-04-28.html

4) Policy requirements and framework

Status and Next Steps

Requirements
<http://dev.w3.org/2009/dap/policy-reqs/>

Framework
<http://dev.w3.org/2009/dap/policy/>

5) Privacy requirements and rulesets

Status and next steps

6)  APIs - SysInfo

(it would be great to close these this week):

  * orientation: are 4 positions enough? Consensus seems to be yes.

  * keep current list of camera properties? supportsVideo, hasFlash,   
sensorPixels, maxZoomFactor

  * add new sensors? heart rate, step counter, more? (bike revs?)

7) APIs - Testing

adapting mobile-spec and QUnit for our own uses

<http://docs.jquery.com/QUnit>

Scope?> <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Apr/0132.html 
  (Anssi)

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Apr/ 
0136.html (Suresh)

8) APIs messaging

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Apr/  
0132.html (Robin)

9) Pending actions - closed without discussion unless concern raised.

ACTION-110: David Rogers to Lead the merging of Bondi/Nokia policy docs

ACTION-114: Alissa Cooper to Phrase the temporary privacy section

ACTION-124: Richard Tibbett to Create a mockup of the contacts UI for  
contact picker, based on previous mailing list discussion of use cases

ACTION-126: Robin Berjon to Modify FileWriter to add the saveFile()  
method

ACTION-153: Alissa Cooper to Refine privacy requirements (with John)

ACTION-158: John Morris to Send proposed changes to list re privacy  
requirements

ACTION-160: Max Froumentin to List scope of remaining work on  
Messaging before FPWD

ACTION-161: Max Froumentin to Make a proposal for Message Management,  
including whether it would be split from the main spec or not

ACTION-164: Daniel Coloma to Email the list explaining the differences  
between the successive BONDI approaches to messaging, and why the
functionality got merged into a single API

ACTION-165: Robin Berjon to Take the TZDate discussion to public- 
script-coord

ACTION-168: Alissa Cooper to Incorporate edits into Privacy   
Requirements.

10) AOB

11) Adjourn

Meeting Details:

Zakim Bridge: +1.617.761.6200, +33.4.89.06.34.99, or +44.117.370.6152
Conference code: 3279 ("DAPW", or "EASY")
IRC channel: irc://irc.w3.org:6665/dap

Instructions on meetings : http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/#meetings

Attendance of WG members or at discretion of chairs.

--
Received on Tuesday, 4 May 2010 19:46:19 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 9 May 2012 00:14:08 GMT