RE: Birthday related attribute on Contact API

From: <richard.tibbett@orange-ftgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 13:03:27 +0100
To: <chan@etri.re.kr>
Cc: <public-device-apis@w3.org>
On 18.03.2010 at 08:58, ̰ [chan@etri.re.kr] wrote:

> In the Contact API, Use Case 7 may use birthday on the
> device contact information. Then, I cant find birthday
> related attribute on ContactProperties interface or other
> interface.

As a group we are still deciding on where to go with respect to the 'ContactProperties' set we will be including. Right now we have a small subset but I think we are moving towards compatibility with other common contact formats. In my view this should be Portable Contacts which inherently provides compatibility to the vCard format (both of which include 'birthday' as an attribute).

When the scope of ContactProperties is decided, 'birthday' will become a part of this object. If that set is modelled on Portable Contacts this properties will be available along with a host of other vCard and OpenSocial properties.

Use Case 7 should remain and must be satisfied before publication of the spec. Once we have a richer set of ContactProperties we can get in to the issue of Lunar/Gregorian calendar support for the birthday property in more detail (which I understand is the related question here).

- Richard

This message and any attachments (the "message") are confidential and intended solely for the addressees.
Messages are susceptible to alteration.
If you are not the intended addressee of this message, please cancel it immediately and inform the sender.