Re: New draft of FileWriter API posted

From: Kinuko Yasuda <kinuko@google.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2010 23:17:43 -0800
To: Eric Uhrhane <ericu@google.com>
Cc: public-device-apis@w3.org
Hi Eric,
Thanks for posting the draft.  That looks great; I have a few questoins
(some are minor):

- Can seek() / truncate() be called while FileWriter is in WRITING state?
 I'm afraid allowing it may complicate situations.

- I assume when a new FileWriter is obtained its parameters are initialized
to: position==0, length==fileSize (or 0 if the file is not readable)
and readyState==INIT.  Is that correct?

- Can't we simply set state==WRITING when write() is called?  Or maybe the
spec need to include a behavior for unexpected multiple-write cases?
In FileReader state==EMPTY seems to mean result==null.  But in FileWriter if
we keep state==INIT until the first byte has been written to the disk it
leaves a possibility that write() is called twice while first write() is in
INIT state.

Some nits:
4.4 The FileWriter Task Source, line 1: reads -> writes?
6.3 Error Code Descriptions, SECURITY_ERR: 'too many read calls' -> 'too
many write calls'?

Kinuko