Re: CfC: Messaging FPWD

From: Kai Hendry <hendry@aplix.co.jp>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 11:33:35 +0000
To: Marengo Marco <marco.marengo@telecomitalia.it>
Cc: DAP W3C <public-device-apis@w3.org>
On 12 March 2010 11:21, Marengo Marco <marco.marengo@telecomitalia.it> wrote:
> before moving to FPWD I'd suggest to extend the subscription method with some basic filters. The rationale is that a generic subscription (e.g. on MessagingManager.EMAIL_TYPE) may generate a big number of callback invocations, forcing each application to implement its own filters.

It's trivial for a Web developer to filter an SMS.

Asking for a filter feature on the API will greatly increase time to market.

Anyway, if you really want a filter you should probably use the BONDI
API http://bondidev.omtp.org/modules/messaging.html. Your proposal for
example misses out subject in case of email etc .etc.

Kind regards,