RE: [contacts] Removal of serviceId from API

Le mercredi 23 juin 2010 à 12:35 -0500, Suresh Chitturi a écrit :
> Suresh>> I think the Contacts interface in the spec acts as the 'AddressBook' interface, if I'm not wrong.

But that acts for a single unified AddressBook; to address what I think
you want, we would need to be able to have one AddressBook per source
(as we had in the first drafts of the documents as it happens).

> * whether that feature needs to be part in the v1 of the spec - I
> personally think that while the use cases that require source-awareness
> might be interesting, it's more important to finish a first version of
> the spec that is already useful without that source-awareness than
> getting bogged into the potentially difficult details of that aspect;
> that's obviously a judgment call
>
> Suresh>> Actually, I don't think it is a complicated piece to specify,
> we already have it in the spec, and we just need to tighten it up as
> with everything else that is in the draft.

I don't think what we have in the spec can be tightened into something
workable for a source-aware contacts API, but if you can provide a
proposed addition to the spec that you think would fit that requirement,
it would be help figuring it out.

Dom