Re: A Proposal for the Testing Framework

From: <anssi.kostiainen@nokia.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 14:00:22 +0200
To: <public-device-apis@w3.org>
CC: <brian@westcoastlogic.com>
On 30.4.2010, at 19.02, ext Brian LeRoux wrote:

Yes, we did experiment with a number of the aforementioned options
before settling on qUnit. It would be great if we could adapt
mobile-spec to the DAP test suite or at least provide some manpower in
getting it started. As to functional testing, its nearly impossible on
most platforms without spelunking into some pretty nasty, undocumented
api calls. Though now I'm thinking it sounds like a fun project. ;D

Just came across Syn that might help us with the functional testing part:

 http://jupiterjs.com/#news/syn-a-standalone-synthetic-event-library

Brian - In case you'll be testing this out with PhoneGap let us know how it works out.