Update on <device> element in WhatWG

From: Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 12:12:46 +0100
To: public-device-apis <public-device-apis@w3.org>
Cc: fd@w3.org
Hi,

We've discussed how using <device> as a host for a number of the APIs
we're considering is popping up every so often (see also Robin's
ACTION-206).

Hixie has sent a detailed update on the current status and thinking
around that element to the WhatWG:
http://lists.whatwg.org/htdig.cgi/whatwg-whatwg.org/2010-July/027129.html

This includes a call for action:
        If this is something that resonates with people, then what we
        really need is for a group of people to get together and design
        this black box. If people would like to do it through the WHATWG
        I'd be happy to create a mailing list and whatever other
        infrastructure is needed for this purpose; alternatively it
        could be done at the IETF or in some other group.