Re: Agenda - Distributed Meeting 2010-07-07

From: Robin Berjon <robin@robineko.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2010 11:20:17 +0200
Cc: public-device-apis@w3.org, Frederick Hirsch <Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com>
To: James Salsman <jsalsman@gmail.com>
Hi James,

On Jul 7, 2010, at 01:26 , James Salsman wrote:
> Will there be a poll for whether the system information API should
> include quality of service metrics?

We rarely do polls. It typically only happens when there is strong support behind a variety of options and it's hard to get a feel for which is most popular. And even then it's not a decision factor unless the group is really blocked, it's usually used as a way of whittling down options by eliminating the ones that have less support.

I see little support for your proposal beyond yourself  if I'm wrong people need to speak up. As I said, you may wish to propose an additional QoS API to allow applications to make more informed decisions. There is no guarantee that the group will pick it up, but given the current discussion I think it more likely than integration into SysInfo.

--
Robin Berjon
  robineko  hired gun, higher standards