Re: Dirty Politics (was Re: AT&T's Dirty Politics)

I am sorry if I offended Bryan but I can't in good conscience
apologize to anyone supporting a definition of internet activity which
includes some but not all quality of service metrics.  I am very
thankful to Bryan for supporting the earlier changes for speech
support, and I appreciate that tremendously.  I did not author the
email that I forwarded, but any consumer can understand the issues
involved.

I have asked for a poll on the question of what information is
necessary to decide which internet connections in a multi-homing
situation are active. I predict that the different constituencies will
have different opinions about which metrics to include.  Carriers with
problems in some areas will naturally be opposed to measurements of
those areas.

First principles support the idea that we should try to be comprehensive.