RE: [sysinfo] SEMC comments (was RE: Publishing System Information API FPWD)

Hi Thomas,

Yes, I guess that there are general use cases where the web application wants to detect whether the front on the device is "visible" or whether it is obscured (in pocket, by the ear, etc). Then you can control display light on/off, enable/disable touch etc.

This can be supported by a simple API giving a Boolean attribute stating whether an object is close to the front of the device or not.

Any more proximity use cases?

Claes