Re: [Powerbox] A RESTful proposal for Web enabling devices

On Feb 23, 2010, at 22:37 , Kenton Varda wrote:
> "Overloading" class
>
> Tyler says he updated the document to explicitly state that classes must be globally unique identifiers beginning with the domain name (e.g. "org.w3c").  I guess this is good enough to satisfy me.  I still think this information belongs in the "accept" attribute but I don't see any huge problem with putting it in "class".

I tend to agree with you (I prefer @pattern) but at this early stage I can live with using class for this.

I was also thinking about fine-grained providers, I hadn't considered coarser ones. I'm guessing that since you can filter on service type with class/pattern/whatever, it's fine to be coarse at that level. Again, that's some level of variance that we can look at if we have a prototype to look at.

--
Robin Berjon
  robineko — hired gun, higher standards