W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-device-apis@w3.org > February 2010

Agenda - Distributed Meeting 2010-02-24

From: Frederick Hirsch <frederick.hirsch@nokia.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 15:53:01 -0500
Message-Id: <CA3B7173-3446-475E-9440-9187581E5204@nokia.com>
To: W3C Device APIs and Policy WG <public-device-apis@w3.org>
Cc: Frederick Hirsch <frederick.hirsch@nokia.com>, Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com>
Agenda  Device APIs and Policy Working Group  Distributed Meeting   
#18  2010-02-24

Meeting details at the bottom of this email.

1) Welcome, agenda review, scribe selection
   Note any additions or changes to agenda
   Select scribe: http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/victims-list.html

2) Announcements, meeting planning, logistics
   reminder, F2F 16-18 March

3) Minutes approval
   10 February 2010
    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Feb/att-0074/minutes-2010-02-10.html

4) Policy Discussion

4a) Contacts API privacy

Use cases & broswer-brokering access - http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Feb/0109.html 
  (Dom)

find api vs input markup : http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Feb/0111.html 
  (Richard)

default to minimum returned material, none: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Feb/0121.html 
  (Dom)

4b) REST and security/privacy/policy

OAuth
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Feb/ 
0073.html (Bryan)

LRest Gallery
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Feb/ 
0085.html (Robin)

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Feb/ 
0089.html (Frederick)

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Feb/ 
0090.html (Anne)

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Feb/ 
0093.html (Arve)

4c) Security, Privacy and Policy Requirements - next steps before FPWD

Generic privacy requirements and risks?

General security requirements and threats?

Open issues in document?

4d)  Open Action review

ACTION-16: Bryan Sullivan to Help review/compare device capabilities  
and features

ACTION-45: David Rogers to Provide use case with threat model scenarios

ACTION-46: Daniel Coloma to Provide input of capability definition  
and  semantics

ACTION-48: Suresh Chitturi to Propose a definition for API access  
control, and a possible model for policy enforcement

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Feb/0136.html

ACTION-77: John Morris to Provide a discussion of requirements for  
privacy

ACTION-79: Paddy Byers to Integrate his use cases in policy requirements

5) API Discussion

5a) Powerbox - http://www.w3.org/mid/5691356f1002191048n4fc17cecv1b7192132cc7c14b@mail.gmail.com

This is mandatory reading.

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Feb/ 
0120.html (Dirk/Tyler)

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Feb/ 
0122.html (Kenton)

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Feb/ 
0135.html (Robin)

5b) System API changes

5c) Messaging progress

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Feb/ 
0133.html (Niklas)

5d) other API status

6) Pending actions - closed without discussion unless concern raised.

ACTION-16: Bryan Sullivan to Help review/compare device capabilities  
and features
ACTION-65: Niklas Widell to provide an editors draft of the Messaging  
API

ACTION-89: Dominique Hazael-Massieux to Request transition of Sysinfo  
to FPWD

ACTION-94: Frederick Hirsch to Update title of Policy requirements  
document

7) AOB

8) Adjourn

Meeting Details:

Zakim Bridge: +1.617.761.6200, +33.4.89.06.34.99, or +44.117.370.6152
Conference code: 3279 ("DAPW", or "EASY")
IRC channel: irc://irc.w3.org:6665/dap

Instructions on meetings : http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/#meetings

Attendance of WG members or at discretion of chairs.

Regrets:
Received on Tuesday, 23 February 2010 20:53:49 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 9 May 2012 00:14:06 GMT