Re: Simple LREST toying

On Fri, 12 Feb 2010 14:14:26 +0100, Frederick Hirsch
<Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com> wrote:

> So if the  photos (or contacts) are on the device, then access policy
> should be handled by the device, which results in needing the policy on
> the device, for the device APIs.

As I understand the argument (but I might be wrong here):

1. When contacts and similar APIs are implemented as REST, the device APIs
themselves become an implementation detail that doesn't need
standardization, as long as the API against the restful service is clearly
specified.

2. Instead of a policy question, the access to the data on the device is
now an authentication question that doesn't require a standardized policy
language.
--
Arve Bersvendsen