Re: New filesystem/directory API proposal

About file naming constraints and characteristics, perhaps the
"WebFileSystem" (the one(s) accessible to the browser world via the
WindowLocalFS interface) have the same characteristics regardless of
underlying platform. The characteristics that eric pitched seem reasonable.

But in the device API, there are other FileSystems that can be accessed via
the DeviceFS interface. I think those file systems could reflect the
characteristics of the underlying file system in their full glory w/o
interfering with web standards.

The .caseSensitive and .casePreserving attributes of the file system object
may be in use in this scheme.

Some questions...

What happens when the user tries to copy an invalidly named file into the
WebFS?

What happens when some external program generates an invalidly name file in
the directory being employed by the WebFS (assuming an impl is doing the
obvious thing and directly mapping a native directory to the root of the
WebFS)?