See also: IRC log
<trackbot> Date: 01 December 2010
<scribe> ScribeNick: AnssiK
<fjh> June/July 2011 F2F hosting
fjh: we'll have to find out a host for June 2011 F2F
richt: I'll have to check if Opera is able to host, will come back
maoteo: I'll check if we can host as well
fjh: should we cancel meetings around Xmas?
darobin: I'm away during Xmas time
fjh: ok to cancel the two meetings 22th and 29th?
RESOLUTION: meeting on 22nd and 29th of Dec cancelled
<fjh> Apple releases Calendar, Messaging APIs modelled on work in DAP
fjh: do you want to talk about Apple release of Calendar, Messaging APIs?
darobin: some people on the WG may not be able to access the resource as it's behind a login
... I've been talking to Apple so this may go somewhere
... Dean Jackson, working for Apple, clearly said on the ML that they base their work on DAP stuff
lgombos: only for ad context?
... perhaps they see some security concerns and that's the reason they're sandboxing the APIs?
<fjh> Approve 17 November minutes
RESOLUTION: Minutes from 17 Nov approved
<fjh> ISSUE-105, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Nov/0059.html (Anne)
<trackbot> ISSUE-105 -- Should the capture hint in HTML Media Capture be specified through a MIME parameter? -- raised
<trackbot> ISSUE-78 -- Capture has a minimisation problem with EXIF data (e.g. it could be Geotagged) -- open
darobin: should coordinate more with HTML WG, we have feedback from Goog that it's pretty much what they implement in the Android Browser
... got feedback from Anne/Opera, raised an issue
richt: I may be able to give some feedback later on, only issue is that we don't have too much control over file picker
<darobin> ACTION: Robin to contact Microsoft about HTML Media Capture to get some feedback [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/12/01-dap-minutes.html#action01]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-308 - Contact Microsoft about HTML Media Capture to get some feedback [on Robin Berjon - due 2010-12-08].
darobin: we'll have to get more feedback from implementors and then talk to HTML WG folks
<darobin> ACTION: Robin to contact Mozilla to get some feedback about HTML Media Capture [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/12/01-dap-minutes.html#action02]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-309 - Contact Mozilla to get some feedback about HTML Media Capture [on Robin Berjon - due 2010-12-08].
<darobin> ACTION: Robin to coordinate with the HTML WG on HTML Media Capture [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/12/01-dap-minutes.html#action03]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-310 - Coordinate with the HTML WG on HTML Media Capture [on Robin Berjon - due 2010-12-08].
<darobin> In addition to the requirements already highlighted in the [HTML5] and [FILE-API] specifications, implementors should take care of additional leakage of privacy-sensitive data from captured media. For instance, embedding the user’s location in a captured media metadata (e.g. EXIF) might transmit more private data than the user might be expecting.
fjh: how to deal with this issue?
... the issue of pricacy and security considerations
... will fire a mail to the ML
<darobin> http://dev.w3.org/2009/dap/messaging/ new messaging API
maoteo: did changes agreed during last F2F
Maria walks us through the following changes: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-dap-commits/2010Nov/0021.html
darobin: are we ok publishing a heartbeat version of the draft?
<darobin> ACTION: Robin to prod the list about reviewing Messaging in view of a heartbeat publication [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/12/01-dap-minutes.html#action04]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-311 - Prod the list about reviewing Messaging in view of a heartbeat publication [on Robin Berjon - due 2010-12-08].
darobin: I should send a message to the list asking people review it
... anything else?
<trackbot> ISSUE-92 -- Sysinfo, permissions for get vs monitor; -- open
darobin: not much to do on the call
<trackbot> ISSUE-102 -- Sysinfo asynchronous calls needs to be expressed in terms of events loop -- open
<trackbot> ISSUE-64 -- "Generic" sensors may permit discovering sensitive information -- open
<trackbot> ISSUE-98 -- On what data model should the contacts API be based? -- open
<darobin> close ISSUE-98
<trackbot> ISSUE-98 On what data model should the contacts API be based? closed
darobin: anyone against closing?
<fjh> ISSUE-98: being dealt with in current work
<trackbot> ISSUE-98 On what data model should the contacts API be based? notes added
... should we pub a heartbeat of Contacts?
richt: would be good
RESOLUTION: Publish a heartbeat draft of Contacts API
<darobin> ACTION: Robin to prepare a draft of Contacts for heartbeat [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/12/01-dap-minutes.html#action05]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-312 - Prepare a draft of Contacts for heartbeat [on Robin Berjon - due 2010-12-08].
richt: I'm waiting feedback on Contacts Blob Writer
... so we'll l got Contacts Blob Writer, Contacts Reader API and Contacts Writer API
... should we combine them
darobin: perhaps not enough people have found the drafts?
... sending a mail to the list may help to get feedback
fjh: there's privacy workshop next week that should help inform our privacy work, http://www.iab.org/about/workshops/privacy/
... should also review security and privacy sections are in the docs
darobin: not sure how to handle this yet
... we'll waiting for something to test
fjh: open action for Contacts to morph into testable spec
... we can call for volunteers
darobin: we may want to wait until LC, process-wise CR requires tests, but LC is better in practice for killing bugs
richt: Opera can look if we can contribute some code that would help
darobin: anything else on testing or IOP?
<fjh> Regrets for next week from me