Re: Privacy Rulesets + ODRL

From: Robin Berjon <robin@robineko.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 11:26:02 +0200
Cc: public-device-apis@w3.org
To: Renato Iannella <ri@semanticidentity.com>
Hi,

On Aug 11, 2010, at 06:31 , Renato Iannella wrote:
> Dear DAP WG, we have developed a mapping between the Privacy Rulesets [1] and the ODRL policy language:
>
>  http://odrl.net/wiki/tiki-index.php?page=W3C+Privacy+Rulesets

I am not personally familiar with ODRL, and I don't know if many others on the WG are. Expressing the rulesets in machine-readable form is definitely a goal going forward. We'll want something short so that it is easily embedded, but that doesn't mean that it can't be defined to map onto a more expressive format, which ODRL seems to be. Could you recommend a good introduction for those on the WG interested in this topic?

--
Robin Berjon
  robineko  hired gun, higher standards