From: public-device-apis-request@w3.org
[mailto:public-device-apis-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Max Froumentin
Sent: Thursday, April 22, 2010 8:31 AM
To: public-device-apis@w3.org
Subject: ACTION-161 - proposal for message management

Here's a simple solution.

add to interface MessagingManager

const unsigned short FOLDER_INBOX = 0;
const unsigned short FOLDER_OUTBOX = 1;
const unsigned short FOLDER_SENT = 2;
const unsigned short FOLDER_DRAFTS = 2;

Message[] getMessages(folder, successCB, failureCB);

add to interface Message (or just IncomingMessage, as of ACTION-142
proposal):

void delete(successCB, failureCB);

Suresh>> Assuming delete applies to all messages (e.g. incoming,
outgoing, draft) it is better to put on interface Message. What about
save()?

That covers the basic functionality. Next steps:

- filtering in getMessages() so that at least SMS, MMS, Email can be
separated

- any number of folders, identified by strings. And with extra functions

on IncomingMessage:

void copyTo(folder, success, failure)
void moveTo(folder, success, failure)

Max.