RE: current list of sysinfo issues

Hi Max,

> * Are we being short-sighted in only listing four orientations? Would
> it make sense to have it be an angle, except that in most cases it would
> only change in 90° increments?

Assuming that the Geo-location WG will specify a "full orientation API" I would say that it is enough with this simple "four orientation" API in the Sys Info spec.

> * Use focal length instead of maxZoomFactor for cameras? And shutter speed/aperture/ISO/sensor type?

The "focal length" is not especially usable. It is related to the size of the camera sensor. Keeping "maxZoomFactor" makes more sense. The web application might want to know how much zooming the camera is capable of.

Furthermore. I don't see any use cases for more camera information such as shutter speed/aperture/ISO/sensor type.

As I have stated earlier I consider "Training" a common use case that should be supported by web applications. So would it make sense to add the following training related properties to Sensors, section 4.8?

- Heart Rate:
Attributes:
* value represents the measured heart rate in bpm.
* min value represents the minimum heart rate that the heart rate sensor can report, in bpm .
* max value represents the maximum heart rate that the heart rate sensor can report, in bpm.
* normalized value represents the measured heart rate, normalized to a 0 to 1 range.

- Step Counter:
Attributes:
* value represents the measured number of steps.
* min value represents the minimum number of steps that the step counter sensor can report.
* max value represents the maximum number of steps that the step counter sensor can report.
* normalized value represents the measured number of steps, normalized to a 0 to 1 range. (or stated as not applicable for this property)

If these properties are included I suggest that we change the first sentence after the section heading 4.8 to:
" The properties defined below expose the values of external sensors, reflecting the device's environment such as temperature, ambient brightness or ambient sound or the user's condition such as heart rate."

Best regards
  Claes