RE: Draft minutes 2010-03-31

Hello Rik,

HTML5 <video> tag specifies codecs parameter as RFC4281: http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc4281.txt.
So I think we can follow the same method here. As for bitrate, I don't see anything in the HTML5 spec for this.  Currently in the Capture API spec, we have:
FormatData captures format information of a media file captured by the device native capture application.
[NoInterfaceObject]
interface FormatData {
    attribute DOMString     type<http://dev.w3.org/2009/dap/camera/#widl-FormatData-type>;
    attribute unsigned long height<http://dev.w3.org/2009/dap/camera/#widl-FormatData-height>;
    attribute double        duration<http://dev.w3.org/2009/dap/camera/#widl-FormatData-duration>;
    attribute unsigned long width<http://dev.w3.org/2009/dap/camera/#widl-FormatData-width>;
};

So the new FormatData would be adding codecs and bitrate as:

[NoInterfaceObject]
interface FormatData {
    attribute DOMString     type<http://dev.w3.org/2009/dap/camera/#widl-FormatData-type>;
    attribute DOMString     codecs;
    attribute unsigned long height<http://dev.w3.org/2009/dap/camera/#widl-FormatData-height>;
    attribute double        duration<http://dev.w3.org/2009/dap/camera/#widl-FormatData-duration>;
    attribute unsigned long width<http://dev.w3.org/2009/dap/camera/#widl-FormatData-width>;
    attribute float         bitrate;
};

Thoughts? If this looks fine with everyone, I can go head and update the spec.

Thanks
Dzung Tran