Re: ISSUE-5: Application Configuration API

From: Robin Berjon <robin@robineko.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 15:10:22 +0200
Cc: "Frederick Hirsch" <frederick.hirsch@nokia.com>, <richard.tibbett@orange-ftgroup.com>, <public-device-apis@w3.org>
To: "SULLIVAN, BRYAN L (ATTCINW)" <BS3131@att.com>
On Sep 23, 2009, at 21:22 , SULLIVAN, BRYAN L (ATTCINW) wrote:
> I'm not proposing both a landscape and requirements document, or
> specifically either, but an umbrella document which makes it
> possible for the reader to assess:
> - how the API specs (and other common specs e.g. an API patterns
> spec) fit into the overall web application context
> - why certain things are addressed in the DAP spec suite
> - why other specific things are not

I propose that we start work on an umbrella document (I'm happy to put
the skeleton up in CVS if there's consensus) but I want to avoid it
being on any kind of critical path. It shouldn't be on Rec track (i.e.
it's a Note) and moving the other documents forward shouldn't depend
on its maturity.

Furthermore I want to try and keep the strain on editors as low as
possible given their already substantial workload, so it would be
appreciated if the people who proposed and supported this approach
were to further their point through action by contributing text and
editorial time :)

--
Robin Berjon
   robineko  setting new standards