Re: ISSUE-22: Should we have an umbrella requirements document?

From: John Kemp <john@jkemp.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 13:03:08 -0400
To: richard.tibbett@orange-ftgroup.com
CC: public-device-apis@w3.org
Hello Richard,

richard.tibbett@orange-ftgroup.com wrote:

[...]

> My view is that a general guidelines/requirements document would not
> necessarily be a useful public output of the W3C DAP WG. All general
> requirements will be implicitly included in all DAP API specs produced
> (because we will check that those guidelines are followed before
> publishing any spec).

Is it possible to both create a separate requirements document, and also
link from individual specifications into that document? In other words,
you only do the work once, but you also give the possibility of
documenting requirements which may affect more than one item in more
than one specification?

Regards,

- johnk