See also: IRC log
<trackbot> Date: 28 October 2009
<trackbot> Created ACTION-34 - Review Policy Requirements editors draft, see http://dev.w3.org/2009/dap/policy-reqs/ [on Paddy Byers - due 2009-11-04].
<maxf> fhirsch: you didn't hear me then. Hmm
<maxf> that mute button...
<brianleroux> Brian LeRoux is in the 604
<arve> zarkim, marcos/arve is arve
<fhirsch> me zakim, who is here?
<brianleroux> ah, ok --- thx fhirsch
<darobin> arve, can you scribe?
<arve> Having tech problems here
<darobin> brianleroux, can you scribe?
<brianleroux> hey sorry --- just back
<darobin> Scribe: Brian LeRoux
<dom> ScribeNick: brianleroux
<fhirsch> tpac agenda
Resolution: minutes from 21 oct approved
<fhirsch> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2009Oct/0225.html (Frederick)
<fhirsch> policy requirements update
<fhirsch> contacts api update
<fhirsch> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2009Oct/0230.html (Richard Tibbett)
richard: discussing how contacts api going async
<arve> +1 for flexible
<maxf> richard: main issue is strict or flexible definition of attributes. Also error handling
richard: mentioned that the attributes for contacts have three potential approaches that need resolving
maxf: no! thank you!!
dom: will be discussing api overlap at the f2f
<maxf> yep, Mon/Tue
robin: will ensure they have the meetings in the hallways / nothing formal
<darobin> I confirm that they're meeting at the same time as us
<darobin> ACTION: Robin to make sure that there is some co-ordination between Geolocation and DAP over Compass [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/10/28-dap-irc]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-35 - Make sure that there is some co-ordination between Geolocation and DAP over Compass [on Robin Berjon - due 2009-11-04].
<maxf> maxf: I'm in Geolocation and will attend their meeting and will be conveying this group's ideas
<fhirsch> dzung notes he was going to take compass out of the draft, so that can be given to the geolocation group
<scribe> ACTION: Dzung_tran will remove compass from the draft for the geolocaiton group [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/10/28-dap-irc]
<trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - Dzung_tran
<fhirsch> ACTION: dzung to take compass api out of system info api as a separate api document, to share with geolocation [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/10/28-dap-irc]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-36 - Take compass api out of system info api as a separate api document, to share with geolocation [on Dzung Tran - due 2009-11-04].
<darobin> ACTION: Dzung to split Compass out of SysInfo so that Geolocation can look at it, and adopt if they like it [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/10/28-dap-irc]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-37 - Split Compass out of SysInfo so that Geolocation can look at it, and adopt if they like it [on Dzung Tran - due 2009-11-04].
<fhirsch> action-36 closed
<trackbot> ACTION-36 Take compass api out of system info api as a separate api document, to share with geolocation closed
fhirsch: wants us to discuss a roadmap, review req's and security
<fhirsch> policy requirements draft
fhirsch: pls review policy requirements (should be declarative, etc)
... features vs capabilities and trust models, granularity of security, notification dialogues
... wants feedback on the policy-reqs doc on the mailing list after review. aim for a editors draft at the f2f.
<fhirsch> may decide on FPWD
<fhirsch> seeking agreement of WG on editors draft content
<fhirsch> this first draft is to get us started, but does not represent consensus
bryan: feels that we need to get a sense of consensus before publishing a working draft
<fhirsch> would like to get to state where draft does represent consensus, and changes are made based on consensus
<fhirsch> please review the policy requiements draft before the f2f, discuss on list, including issues noted and gaps
<fhirsch> we need to decide how to fulfill the roadmap deliverable of the charter, f2f discussion?
<fhirsch> I noted that API docs probably should have security considerations and privacy considerations
<fhirsch> contacts api has place holder for this
richt: has put a placeholder in Contacts related to security
... ppl need to be aware that each API requires different security requirements
<Dzung_Tran> I agree
<inserted> ScribeNick: darobin
arve: agreed, each API may be implemented separately
... so each needs its own security considerations
<trackbot> ACTION-31 -- stephen lewontin to share information on conditional permissions on list -- due 2009-10-28 -- OPEN
<brianleroux> review progress on req docs and issues
<brianleroux> bryan: travelling through time, feels that the register protocol handler in html5 is specific to websites / not widgets / not related to the scope
<brianleroux> robin: handler can register itself for a protocal (which can be a web app)
<brianleroux> robin: do you mean something that does not have a url? bryan: essentially yes --- looking for an explanation have how we can use this feature in this context (the context of a widget on a device)
<brianleroux> bryan: conceptually addressed by html5 robin: needs more thinking to make it work for widgets
<brianleroux> robin: going to elaborate on the protocol handlers discussion as it relates to widgets
<brianleroux> essentially the URI is an internal representation to the widget only not able to register outside of its own context
<brianleroux> interesting thought that a widget could be addressable externally
<brianleroux> arve: content servers within widgets creates its own unique set of problems/opportunities
<brianleroux> well then
<brianleroux> bryan: reviewing the gaps between DAP and BONDI
<brianleroux> robin: wonders if anyone has anything about other APIs than Contacts and System?
<brianleroux> bryan: question about the Camera API --- feels recording from the microphone is vital
<brianleroux> robin: so if it can do pictures, video ... why not sound (it is an issue). makes it more of a capture api
<brianleroux> robin: the issue regarding recording should be resolved at f2f
<brianleroux> (ftr brianleroux +1 to Capture API)
<AnssiK> sysinfo and events is fairly extensive, do we still want to modularize it?
<Dzung_Tran> I think it makes sense to separate into AV recording
<AnssiK> ok, sounds like a plan
<brianleroux> Meeting adjourned!