Re: What does it all hang off of?

On 7.10.2009 12.12, "ext Marcin Hanclik" <Marcin.Hanclik@access-company.com>
wrote:
> Should we then distinguish between APIs hanging off device.* (the ones you
> quote, really hardware dependent) and the ones that hang off the navigator
> (assuming the navigator hosts the widget user agent; i.e. PIM, messaging etc)?

Contacts, calendar, messaging etc. are not part of the user agent (or
"navigator") as such. They are resources in the terminal, which could be
utilized by several user agents.

I don't really see much utility in distinguishing APIs that use some
hardware capability (like camera) from those that use "software"
capabilities (like contacts), although I could live with it. But neither of
these broad groups should be accessible from navigator, as it is
conceptually wrong.

--Jere