Re: What does it all hang off of?

On 5.10.2009 12.05, "ext Robin Berjon" <robin@berjon.com> wrote:

> On Oct 2, 2009, at 23:43 , Brian LeRoux wrote:
>> my vote would be to keep things simple and consistent. there is
>> nothing really wrong w/ hanging off of navigator / this is how we
>> implemented in PhoneGap
>
> Ok, I guess once more we go bravely down the lovely route of ratifying
> existing poor naming :-)
>
> --
> Robin Berjon - http://berjon.com/

Please don't, at least not yet. :-) I've always thought that hanging things
off navigator is not a good idea (it's one form of namespace pollution, and
seems wrong conceptually). Especially with the device APIs I would certainly
not want to put all of them there, even with some subpackaging in place.

>From the options Robin presented earlier, I would pick 3) and 4) for further
consideration, and eventually maybe just go for 4). One global symbol added
is fine, but no more. Of course, the name of that symbol would still be open
for discussion at this point, but 'device' isn't all bad.

Best regards,
Jere