W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-device-apis@w3.org > November 2009

Agenda - Distributed Meeting 2009-11-17

From: Frederick Hirsch <frederick.hirsch@nokia.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 14:48:38 -0500
Message-Id: <AD7BD981-FAC8-4FD3-B4D3-5437EF8E878A@nokia.com>
To: W3C Device APIs and Policy WG <public-device-apis@w3.org>
Cc: Frederick Hirsch <frederick.hirsch@nokia.com>
Agenda -  Device APIs and Policy Working Group

Distributed Meeting #6,  2009-11-17

Logistics: Time: 10:00 Boston; 14:00 UTC; 15:00 London; 16:00 Paris;    
07:00 San Francisco; 23:00 Seoul

Duration: 90 minutes tops
  Zakim Bridge: +1.617.761.6200, +33.4.89.06.34.99, or +44.117.370.6152

  Conference code: 3279 ("DAPW", or "EASY")
  IRC channel: irc://irc.w3.org:6665/dap
  Confidentiality of minutes: Public

Please register attendance in IRC using "Present+ first_last" and   
please update zakim with "zakim, aaa is handle" to correlate phone  
information with handle. You can obtain agenda and bridge code with / 
Topic

Attendance of WG members or at discretion of chairs.

Regrets:

1) Welcome, agenda review, scribe selection

Note any additions or changes to agenda. Select scribe from top of list.

Scribe information
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/victims-list.html

Review Agenda

2) Announcements, meeting planning, logistics
2a) The Geolocation WG is taking up work on defining an API for  
getting orientation and acceleration data from devices
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2009Nov/ 
0026.html (Dom)

2b) Editors, WG: Publishing Moratoria:
18 December, 12 pm ET: Deadline for publication requests before  
moratorium  until 4 January 2010

17 March 2010, 12 pm ET: Deadline for publication requests before  
moratorium  until 25 March 2010

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-device-apis/2009Nov/0010.html

2c) F2F Scheduling

16-18 March 2010?

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-device-apis/2009Nov/ 
0011.html (Dom)

3) Minutes approval

Please review, including attendance.

Approve draft  F2F minutes

Day 1, 2 November 2009
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2009Nov/att-0020/minutes-2009-11-02.html

Day 2, 3 November 2009
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2009Nov/att-0019/minutes-2009-11-03.html

4) Editorial Updates

4a) Web Page updated with Roadmap/Publication status

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2009Nov/ 
0038.html (Dom)

Next steps?

4b) Policy Requirements Editors Draft

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2009Nov/ 
0044.html (Frederick)

4c) Calendar draft

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2009Nov/ 
0046.html (Richard)

4d) Contacts

status update

4e) Other

5) Policy Segment

5a) Markup for implicit consent

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2009Nov/ 
0115.html (Max)

5b) APIs without user interaction and no implicit consent

5c) Remembering user choices in implicit consent

5d) Working on APIs and Policy in parallel and also together

5e) Next steps for policy

6) API Segment

Review actions, discussion and issues.

7) Issue review

http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/open

8) Action Item Review

8a) Pending Action Items to Close (no discussion unless concern raised)

ACTION-31 Share information on conditional permissions on list,  
stephen lewontin Policy Framework Requirements

ACTION-34 Review Policy Requirements editors draft, see http://dev.w3.org/2009/dap/policy-reqs/ 
   Paddy Byers Policy Framework Requirements

ACTION-35 Make sure that there is some co-ordination between  
Geolocation and DAP over Compass, Robin Berjon, System Information and  
Events API

ACTION-40 Write up security considerations section of existing File  
API spec. in preparation for FPWD. Arun Ranganathan. FileSystem API

ACTION-44 Offer use cases of policy interoperability needs. Bryan  
Sullivan, securityUseCases

ACTION-52 Look at markup options for expressing implicit user consent  
(like <input type="file" />), Max Froumenti, APIs ó General

ACTION-55, Extract prioritary APIS and put on the group home page,  
Robin Berjon; Organizational matters

ACTION-57, Create wiki page with DAP draft documents, Frederick  
Hirsch, Organizational matters

ACTION-59, Create a questionnaire for possible F2F in Prague in March,  
Dominique HazaŽl-Massieux, Organizational matters

ACTION-60, Create the DAP roadmap (in the wiki or wherever), Dominique  
HazaŽl-Massieux, Organizational matters

8b) Open Actions

Please review and complete your actions, noting when they are  
completed by changing status to pending, and sending an email to the  
public list indicating completion.

http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/users/my ("My Tracker")

http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/open ("Open Actions")

9) Other Business

10) Adjourn

regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch, Nokia
Co-Chair, W3C DAP Working Group
Received on Tuesday, 17 November 2009 19:49:21 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 9 May 2012 00:14:01 GMT