From: public-device-apis-request@w3.org [mailto:public-device-apis-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Nilsson, Claes1
Sent: Thursday, November 12, 2009 05:30 AM
To: 'Dominique Hazael-Massieux'; public-device-apis
Subject: RE: DAP Roadmap, priorities

Hi,

Even though not included in the "prioritized 4 APIs" that our WG agreed to work on first there have been discussions on system information and sensors APIs. It seems as our common understanding is:
"Make what is often used simple and make what is more seldom used possible".

Tangible this means:
a.	There is a draft System Information & Events API (http://dev.w3.org/2009/dap/system-info/), which is a "Hardwired" API for access to typical mobile device system information such as battery, network status and audio/video capabilities and to some sensor data such as temperature.

b.	There is still no draft for a "Generic" sensor API.

As I see a lot of use cases for a "generic" sensor API, relating for example to mobile device accessories, healthcare, training etc, I volunteer to work on use cases and act as editor of a "generic" sensor API specification.

Ok?

Best regards
  Claes