RE: Contacts API: vCard vs. PoCo

From: <richard.tibbett@orange-ftgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 17:32:28 +0100
To: <public-device-apis@w3.org>
On Wed, 11th Nov 2009 at 15:58, Richard Tibbett wrote:

> My understanding, considering the 3 options presented at the
> F2F (a superset, a subset or no set attributes for the
> Contact interface [1]), is that it is better to have a large
> set of well-defined attributes rather than a small set of
> attributes with developers/implementations choosing their own
> fragmented naming for what are effectively the same
> attributes.

The reference [1] is as follows (note, this is in an out-of-date spec
now):

http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2009/dap/contacts/Overview.html?rev=
1.10&content-type=text/html;%20charset=iso-8859-1#contact-interface

I was hoping that at least we had concensus from the F2F around option
1. Exactly what option 1 means is the current discussion (PoCo or
vCard).