Policy work items - request for proposals

From: Frederick Hirsch <frederick.hirsch@nokia.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 15:15:13 -0500
To: W3C Device APIs and Policy WG <public-device-apis@w3.org>
Cc: Frederick Hirsch <frederick.hirsch@nokia.com>
During the morning F2F session I recorded the following somewhat
independent work items:

1. trust model definition
2. access control model definition
3 capability definitions for APIs in DAP charter and related W3C APIs
4. features - definition
5 security considerations for each API,  privacy concerns for each
API, definition of likely user prompts based on API functionality that
have security implications (e.g. take picture query also gives
security permission)
6 security threat models and countermeasures/ security use cases
7 Context for security decisions - what additional information can be
included in decision
8. FileAPI security model and simplification

Is this list complete, are the items somewhat orthogonal?

Do we have volunteers to help with concrete proposals, especially for
the list of capability definitions, API security considerations,
security use cases/threats.

regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch, Nokia
Co-Chair, W3C DAP Working Group