Re: Draft Charter for a Device API and Security WG

Le mercredi 13 mai 2009 à 12:31 -0400, Arthur Barstow a écrit :
> > I haven't removed/modified the milestones table yet; Robin's latest
> > proposal is appealing to me, though. I'll try and see if that would
> > fly
> > wrt process requirements.
>
> Sigh. It appears you already removed it (and I thought there was a
> high value on consensus here :-)).

Surely there is consensus until someone expresses dissent :) You had
expressed dissent about not having any milestones defined, not about
defining them in a different format.

> Regarding:
>
> [[
> 2009Q4-2010Q1
>      A subset of the deliverables that the WG considers to be of
> higher priority or maturity progresses along Recommendation track.
> ]]
>
> Text like this would permit a Chair to block a spec that a minority
> of the WG wants to progress.

I've replaced it with: "Deliverables with assigned editors progress
along Recommendation track" - does that work for you?

>  As such, I object to it since a
> requirement of the Charter is that all specs must be given equal
> priority i.e. any spec may progress if a Member is willing to provide
> the necessary resources.

(in theory, the Chairs are responsible for nominating editors IIRC, so a
Chair could still block the work by refusing any editors; in practice, I
don't think this is a big risk)

Dom