Re: Seeking feedback on a new WG to specify APIs for device services

On Tue, 2009-05-05 at 10:08 -0700, T.V Raman wrote:
> Philippe --
> Good points all.
>
> Assuming that "if it must be done, then it must be done at the
> W3C" with respect to the APIs work, could you help the membership
> understand the following with respect to resourcing -- staff
> resources, chair resources etc with  for (A) and (B) below:

I can partially help, ie only from the perspective on the Interaction
domain only.

> A) The work is added to WebAPI WG
> B) The work is started under a new WG.

I spoke to the team contacts and one of the Chair of the WebApps Group.
They all indicated that they wouldn't be able to take on more work with
the current resources. So, my rough estimate is that the level of extra
resources necessary to take on this new work would be similar whether
it's within WebApps or in a separate group. If we do it in WebApps, it
would require the group to get more structured (through task forces).

Philippe