Re: Seeking Clarification of Patent Licensing Commitments for BONDI APIs [was: Re: Early comparison of Nokia/BONDI APIs]

From: Arthur Barstow <Art.Barstow@nokia.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 12:00:29 -0400
Cc: "Hirsch Frederick (Nokia-CIC/Boston)" <Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com>, public-device-apis <public-device-apis@w3.org>
To: ext David Rogers <david.rogers@omtp.org>, ext Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
On Jul 30, 2009, at 8:52 AM, ext David Rogers wrote:

> This work is submitted under the terms of the W3C patent policy.

As far as I know, OMTP itself owns no relevant intellectual property
for inputs in scope for the DAP WG. As such, my understanding is the
above is not sufficient and that what the Consortium must require is
a commitment from every OMTP member that contributed to any input
submitted to the DAP WG.

Dom - is my understanding above correct?

-Regards, Art Barstow